Chapter 41

Well Loves, Chapter 40 was a great read

You never know how strong you are until a year passes and you are able to appreciate it all 
So lets recap.... 

I was unemployed for most of the year. This allowed me to do some much needed self reflection. 
In the Spring, I collaborated on my first lipstick line "Simply Shalonda". It was a huge success. I was also challenged with overcoming some fear. Like bridges and for anyone who knows me knows for one, I can not swim and two, I am meant to be grounded. 
I was given the opportunity to work with a great photographer (who is now my brother) on a few photoshoots and as much as some of them were a little tricky they turned out GREAT!!

I also was able to plan my first girls trip and even though it was the three of us it was FUN. I am planning on another one for next year. 

During the fall, 
I was offered to be a Social Media rep and dressed by Mod Cloth, which allowed me to attend The Curvy Con. I was able to meet CeCe Olisa and Chasity Garner. Which if you do not know, they are two women who has unknowingly helped me with becoming the blogger I am today. I had the intention on airing my Vlog channel on my Birthday but, I have a little kink to work out and that will be ready. 

In this Chapter, I had to let some good friends go. It was and still is pretty hard but I am learning that people are placed in our lives sometimes for a season and reason. While getting over some losses, myself and three women were able to come together to create a Sisterhood with other women to assist with realizing their self worth and love. I was able to enjoy some girl time with some of my oldest friends. (You know the ones who knew me before the blog lol) 

As this Chapter Comes to an end, I fully embrace this next chapter in my life. 
I know I am on to bigger things. I wish I could bring everyone with me to this next chapter of my life but some are meant to stay behind and others will move on. Your support and love will always be appreciated and welcomed. Also, remember, 
you have played an important role in my life and therefore you will always be part of my life. 

Well, I guess it is time to turn the page as one chapter has been read and time to move on to the next. 
 Thank you Chapter 40... I welcome you Chapter 41.  


xoxo Shalonda 
Photo Credits CB photography







Comments

Popular Posts