"Celebrity for the day"

Hello Loves, 
So this blog post will be kind of short, but I had to share this with you all. 
So, yesterday was a rough start and with that being said I got my daughter to school late. While driving the -1.1 miles to her school she tells me "Mom I didn't have much for breakfast because there was not a lot of cereal left." I knew she just wanted me to go to Dunkin Donuts for a bagel she had the day before (we will talk about that another time). I said well hopeful you didn't miss the breakfast at school because we are kind of late. 

So, we get to school, I go to check her in and notice I am not sure if she has an excuse pass to give to her teacher. Since the sign in line was 5 parents too long I grabbed a pass and went to the cafe'. 
On my way there, two little girls noticed me and asked who I was (I am sure they knew, but wanted confirmation) I agreed I was just who I was and asked if my daughter was still in the cafe'? They both agreed. Before I was able to step another foot they say "Wait aren't you a BLOGGER? " I agreed and said "Yes I am" they asked a few more questions and said my daughter was getting her breakfast but they were waiting on her. I said "okay let her know I am in the office come and get the pass for class" They both agreed. 

As I am signing my daughter into school, she comes in and takes the pass and a kiss and proceeds to class with her classmates, as the door closes I hear them say "Your mom is cool" 
Now I would normally hear from her classmates "Wow your mom is beautiful" but never cool. 
It made me feel like I was a celebrity.
I felt like their conversation to class was something like this...
"Like wow my mom is just ... and your mom is a BLOGGER."
A BLOGGER such Celebrity status right? 
It made me feel like a million bucks.
Darn kids they are the best. 

xoxo ~Shalonda

Comments

Popular Posts