You're too Pretty but.....

Do you hate when someone starts a compliment with "You're too pretty but... "?

Like why does there have to be a BUT!!
Why can't I just be pretty?

Well I thought to touch on this topic because sometime people just want something to say and most of the time we as people have not been raised or trained to give a compliment and leave it at that.

We are so busy trying to find the flaws in a person, that we never try to find out who or what that person is about.

Being "Plus Size" I used to hear it a lot. I heard that statement more than I heard more complimenting statements like "You're Beautiful".

It took me to a place where I didn't think I was pretty or even enough. I sheltered myself. I stayed in darkness. See what people don't understand is when you place a positive with a negative in a comment it can take someone to a bitter place.

Can you imagine telling someone your credit score is high but lower than others. UGH Really
Or how about your house is nice but not as nice as others... Okay enough.
It can make people become very standoffish or very antisocial.

Someone is always asking me, What made you become a blogger?
I used to never have a answer and now I have many. I am a blogger because it allows me an outlet to speak without anyone interrupting me.


I love and appreciate myself. I have flaws and at times have low self esteem, but I rise from that more times than I can count.

So when I hear someone say  "You're pretty but..." I shut them up.

"I am more than YOUR pretty! I am Gorgeous, I am Worth it, and I am Powerful." I take pride in everything I do.
Do you know what you can do with YOUR pretty?? You can take it along with the but you're about to apply to it and place it under my feet while I walk away from your backhanded, half assed compliment.
Thank you very much!! 😜

xoxoxoxox
Shalonda

Comments

Popular Posts