High Heels Vs High Standards?

Hi My Loves..
 So I was in a conversation with a good friend and she mentioned "My standards for a relationship is as high as my heels." At the time I was like "yes girl that is the way to go". Right??
As time went on I thought to myself well what does that mean?

Like why are your standards as high as your heels.
So for me, I have tons of heels in my wardrobe but the highest of my heels are 4 1/2 high does this mean are my standards 4 1/2 high?

Then thought of it another way.
Are your standards really as high as your heels?
Now lets be honest.... When it comes to your standards are they flat standards and if that is what it is let be known. Its okay not to have standards.  Normally people who do not have standards do not place expectations on things.
Job, relations, etc.


If our standards are so high are we sure we can walk in them. Meaning this...
If you have or set these so called high standards for yourself are you able to handle them?

I believe that standards are things worked up based on life experiences.
If you went through a rough relationship whether it be friends or boyfriend or girlfriend you set these standards so that if that relationship or if a opportunity for a new relationship was to present itself, you would know what you are willing to accept or not accept.
That is a standard.

But also in that same statement, you will need to walk in the same
standard you set for that relationship, for yourself.
So, if you say " I have standards I want my man to work a 40 plus hour a week job, he can't live with his mom and he has to have a checking account, and he has to take me out and all of this.. 
Can you say the same thing about yourself? Are you willing to work 40 plus hours a week? Do you have means of taking care of yourself, and do you treat yourself? 
Surely we all have standards but is it safe to say that we place High Standards for people knowing that we can't hold ourselves to the same expectations?
Do you place these High Standards or Unrealistic Expectations on things knowing they will never make be able to reach them?

Set these standards and make sure if
you are setting them, that we are also able to be an examples for the people we set them for.
Real Talk.

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19388821/?claim=rub37bzbnzj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts