Super Sixteen Birthday Party



Welcome back loves,

Its been a little over 3weeks now since my son's 16th Birthday Party.

I'm still amazed at how I pulled it off.


Let me rewind time a little over a year ago my son was asked what he wanted to do for his 16th birthday. He was given some options but chose a Birthday bash. He wanted a Harlem Nights themed party and so as his mother I had to come up with a birthday bash he would always remember.















So I started easy with some stations. He wanted a Trail Mix and Candy Table. How cool right. I purchased all my candy from Oriental Trading which was cool. Ordering in bulk was the easiest way to order all the candy with no problem.


The Trail Mix table was easy as well. Since his party was the set for the 14th of January I purchased popcorn tins from the Christmas holiday at Walmart for $5 each. Everything else except peanuts were also apart of the trail mix table.  We titled the Candy table "Sugar Rush" ad the Trial Mix table " Mix and Mingle. 


Special thank you to Walmart, Fulton Paper, Joann Fabrics, Dollar Tree and Home Depot for all the accessories.
I purchased the lamps at the Stanton Thrift shop for $7 each and spray painted them Gold to go with the theme. I found the lamp shades at Home Depot for $5 each. I also purchased a lot of the glass candy jars from the Stanton Thrift shop all for under $20. What a Bargain!!


I ordered a back drop and custom created the logo " Jay's Spot " I purchased it from Stickers and Banners.

I asked for the staff at the Christiana Hilton to assist me with the venue and food. We even had a Signature drink which we renamed the "Shirley Temple" and called it "A Cosmo on the Rocks". I hired a DJ I have used before and my Nieces father to do the photography. I created a lot of the items for the party and decided we will keep the look really low key like a Night club would be in during that era.  On to the cake... OH the Cake. My best friends sister created the cake and cupcakes. We wanted a cake that was 5 tiers but knew it would be too much for a party of only 45 so we asked for a one of a kind Artificial cake and since all the food that was served was to be butler style we agreed to have cupcakes. She insured that he would have place to cut just for this event.
One of my sons best friends sang Happy Birthday to him which was really nice. Overall it was amazing.

Check out the pictures below enjoy.



















Comments

Popular Posts