Simply for my Daugher

A couple months ago I went through this plan to recreate every room in my house to reflex calm, peace and love. I started with my dining room on to the living room and then moved my way up to the 2nd floor for the bedrooms. Since my daughter has the smallest of the bedroom I worked on her room first.

We have been homeowners since 2009 and when we moved into our home we painted every wall and it seemed like every other year or so I would come up with a plan to add an accent color to each room. Well with the change I was embarking on, I had to paint not only a new accent wall but also all the other walls. For goodness sake they had not been painted since 2009. So it was nothing different regarding my daughters room. She had went from having a Disney Princess Tiana to Princess in Paris, themed bedrooms. She will be 10 this year ( I know going into double digits) So, I decided no more themes. I worked with a color palate and went from there. With lots of help from my sister my vision of her bedroom slowly came into play.
We went to Home Goods near Christiana Mall and let me say this, that place can make you go broke.
They have so many things, from pillows to throws and furniture and little this and that's. Its a beautiful store. Prior to visiting the store I had went to Target and was looking for any thing I can find that was more chic for her room. I wanted my daughter to have a place to read since she loves to read and I wanted it to be relaxing and cozy. So, I found in the party area, white and gold paper lanterns and colorful round paper lanterns. I also was able to find colorful hearts wrapping paper as I had some type of idea for it. Before walking out I seen in the front of the store there were heart and square plush pillows, pink and gold small bins and trash can and  picked them up. I chose to remove everything baby (ish) out and keep 1 think which was her book case/toy chest. It had a green top and tan panels. I found a nice accented pillow at JcPenny that says "Glitter, Sparkle, Shine". I also found a gold long mirror at Walmart. I used a Gold table lamp I had left over from my sons 16th Birthday party. I seen at Lowes they were starting to bring out patio items for the upcoming season and came across this cushion and said this would make a great seating for her reading area.

Went to Home Depot purchased the Behr Marquee Brilliant White and PPG "Gilded Gold" as her accent all.  While with my sister shopping at Home Goods we found a nice plush  Nicole Miller soft pink pillow for her bed. A nice White plush throw (which I plan to use it as a bed spread) We also found white and soft pink twin sheet set. I reminded me of Peter rabbit because all the little soft pink bunnies placed on the set. I thought it was so adorable. I also came across this nice turquoise picture frame also at Home goods.Last but not least I added a wall of positive things to her wall included some of her favorite photos and it turned out great.

Check out the video below. Let me know what you think. ❤


Comments

Popular Posts