The Day I lost and found Myself

Over the past year I have been lost. Seeking and wanting things not mine. I was looking for more without the work put in to rightfully claim it. I was lost. I had thought over and over again how I was deserving of a life of positive actions and meaning. Sometimes we get lost trying to find or reinvent ourselves based on circumstance or situations. I had done that so many times in my life still not finding the what I was looking for. Not even scrapping the surface.

As a mother and wife, it is hard to remember what life was life before the husband and kids or if you are a single mother or a wife with no children, it is still hard to remember what life was like prior to this life altering Joy of becoming a wife or a mother.

As the months and years go by you continue to give your all to becoming the best as a wife and or a mother. You go back into your childhood and remember all the things you didn't like or loved about it and try to adapt to the type of mother you would like to be. Same thing if you were a wife you try to hit the bar. Thinking "I loved watching my mom being a great wife to my father" and you do the same trying to prove yourself to either become like what you remember or change what you remember. Either way you are constantly proving yourself as the roles of a wife or mother.

So when I say I was lost. I had lost myself. Trying to be the best mother and wife I could be.
When I realized one day this was not important. I was trying to reach a goal that I never could reach because the goal or the objective was something I placed in my space that was not realistic.
When I realized this was the case. I slowly found myself. I continued to be there for my family but through inspirational daily quotes I was able to build myself up for myself. I was no longer looking for validation or seeking ways to prove my worthiness to the people around me.


As time goes by I realize I never had to do any of this.  I just had to be myself and the people around me would either stay or leave. In life we must find our way on our own. We should never seek validation from others who don't even have an answer or have an unrealistic answer to how you are as a person. We must search within ourselves to find what we are looking for.  

So, I am no longer lost, because I found true self...

Comments

Post a Comment

All Comments are Welcome and Appreciated.

Popular Posts