Weather Fashion

I know I have not been blogging for sometime now but, I have had a lot going on.. I have two children who both are starting school either for the first time or in a new school.. So, I have been school clothes shopping, school supply shopping, and also, redesigning their bedrooms (as I do every year) to get them mentally prepared for the new year. Okay so enough about me...
 
What is going on with the weather on the East Coast.. It's the middle of August and we have weather degrees in the mid 70's. I am expecting it to be a cold winter. With that in mind what does your fashion closet look like. I plan on saving a few bucks to up my wardrobe for the new fall and winter seasons. As always I try to find inspiration with my clothes from other fellow bloggers or just do what I feels good to me. I like to find collection pieces from plus size designers, and purchase them.
 
These items are collections because you can wear these pieces over and over again. With the right accessory you can change the way any piece of clothing look.  I have been creating a few shirts for the seasons as well. A fellow designer gave me pointers on how to take the new season in stride. For instance, just because you are plus size doesn't mean you have to wear Brown's, Red's or Blue. Why not step outside of your comfort zone for a few months. Like instead of browns why not try Nude, Tan, or even Taupe. The same rules apply for Reds, and Blues.
 
So, I have created recently a peach ( in the Red family) shirt with exposed Gold zippers on the shoulders and sides ( this will create a smaller waist line) with the shirt being Peach and zippers Gold.. this is a great collection for the Fall. Think of all the things you can wear with the shirt. I think of Grey pants or skirt (shirt pics coming soon) you can even wear the shirt with a pair of denim skinny jeans and brown knee boots or booties.
 "Coby" Ponte Button Front Dress - Heather Gray
Try pairing this dress with accessories
colors Turquoise
I love the new collection from Monif C "Wear to Work" here are some of the fashions I thought were exceptional pieces. I will also add my thoughts on accessories under the picture.
"Ava" Cotton Sateen Dress - Tan/Ivory
Try pairing this dress with accessories
colors Plum
On an ending note I will try to make more time for my bloggers and thanks always for following and posting comments ... Shalonda
 








Comments

Popular Posts